Our journey starts here!


Wednesday, July 11, 2007

RICKY's mind on that day

Tuesday, 26 June 2007

6 AM I woke up early today. I can’t really sleep well because I keep thinking about my proposal plan and the details…details…and details.

I decided to take my blue New Balance running shoes that I just bought and hit the beach to jog along the shore. I was welcomed by the rising sun, as if it’s saying hello right beside me, at the same moment I felt the win blows softly touch my hairs. At the same time I’m amazed by His grace to me. It’s like the earth has given me a sign that today the new journey will start for me.

I run along the shore, it was tougher to run at the wet sand but it feels good. I just keep running and running to refresh my mind while I’m seeing other tourists walk along the beach, some fishermen trying to push their boat to the sea and the Japanese surfers warming up before playing around with the waves. I just realize that I love Bali.

It takes about an hour before I’m going back to my room, took my shower, and (again) thinking on the plan for today. I will need to be in Jimbaran by 5.30 pm to witness the sunset. When I met her I told her that we are going to Ubud for lunch, Uluwatu for visiting some villas and Jimbaran for sunset. She is nodding and said “That’s fine. I’ll just follow you”.

After a quick breakfast, I’m rushing to the car with my new Ben Sherman shirt, khakis pants and a bag on my hand. I’m telling her that I bring all of those to change while taking photos at different sites. And she just believed that… I was surprised cause she normally will sense if
something not really normal, but I think this one is normal enough for her. Thank goodness.



12 PM now we are in Ubud for lunch at Bebek Bengil. A nature oriented resto in the middle of rice field. Simply beautiful! The crispy duck is delicious and the air is very refreshing.






It is 3 PM and I still driving at Uluwatu. I realize that it’s not that near from Ubud to Uluwatu. But it is exactly what I need to waste the time and hypnotize her with the beauty of Bali that invites her to take more pictures. The road to Blue Point (BP) is going ups and down and it was a tiring drive, but I must go on and must not grow tired because something big is waiting at sunset. BP has a great view of sunset from the cliff. It has a cute white chapel facing the beach. I decided to sit and enjoy the juice from BP while enjoying the view from the cliff. The beach at this area has crystal clear water, unlike the other beaches. Again … ulur waktu ; )



5.10 PM I quickly change my attire from Polo T-shirt + Bermudas to Shirt + pants and she just wondering what’s wrong with me. I just told her that I would want to dress nicer for my sunset photos. And the luck is on my side that she didn’t follow up her curiosity. Once she checks my pocket, I’ll be dead haha…

5.30 PM Here I am in front of Ritz Carlton gate with lots of guards and a dog sniffing my car…. I’m just about to enter the “promise land”. God, help me cause my legs starts shaking.

















-RICKY-

No comments: